Doing Business in the U.S.: Dimensional Tolerances
This session will assist the attendee gain an understanding of critical tolerances that directly affect visual appearance and structural integrity of stone installations. This knowledge is important because tolerances are established to protect both the buyer and seller of a product or service. Learn about the balance between prescribed tolerances and unattainable expectations by buyers and sellers.
1. Learn how to reduce the time needed to obtain published tolerance standards
2. Gain an understanding of critical dimensions that directly affect visual appearance and structural integrity of stone installations
3. Learn about the types of tolerances: bilateral (symmetrical and asymmetrical), unilateral, limit, and percentage
1. Charles Muehlbauer, Technical Director, MIA+BSI: The Natural Stone Institute
2. David Castellucci, Kenneth Castellucci & Associates